(TL;DR: DO IT)
This past month I got a tattoo. I have always wanted to experience this form of art but I especially didn’t want to regret it. The tattoo I got is located on my upper arm, and it says, “XII. VII.” with the words “The Start” under it. this is a homage to my great-grandmother and her late husband. December 7th was the day their 65 year marriage started, and this lasted through a World War, multiple changes in the social climate of the world, and their changing selves. Their love remained constant until the day my great-grandfather passed away, and that is always something I have adored.
so long story short here are a few things getting a tattoo taught me or showed me (if you’re debating it):
- Do it.
- Make sure you can live with it
- it doesn’t hurt as bad as you would think
- be smart and do your research (I had a guy offer to give me a tattoo for $20 in his shed. bad idea)
- Most people are accepting of tattoo. (My dad told me he would do disown me. He didn’t)
- More people have tattoos than you would think.
- If you’re worried about being professional, get it in a well hidden spot. (shoulder, leg, back, chest)
- Go to a good artist, plz. I don’t care if your friends cousin has a shop and will give you a good deal, if they aren’t good, don’t give them your money. You get what you pay for.
- You honestly feel instantly more badass. (Especially when you see yourself in the mirror, or is that just me?)
Again DO IT.